But today is Friday, and if you can't procrastinate a little during your planning period on Friday (yes, even if you are going to be leaving for maternity leave soon and have a million things to do), when can you procrastinate?
I have my Decaf Caramel Macchiato in hand (we were all out of coffee at home - I seriously need to do the grocery shopping - we ate out all week, too), and thought I'd share 9 things about life with you on this 9th day of March.
1. We're in the month of our due date (the 31st, so really, it could be March or April.) Officially, I'll be working for two more weeks as of yesterday. We don't have school on the 23rd and the following week is Spring Break, so there are exactly 10 more days of work for me, including today. My feelings on that subject are incredibly diverse - I'm excited, sad, a bit nervous, busy.... and more.
2. Last week was Sadie's Week (our second semester version of Homecoming Week). We had spirit days, a Peach Fuzz Boys Volleyball Tournament, a huge assembly complete with decorations, a Mr. PC competition, and, of course, the big dance itself. In all, I spent approximately 25 hours at school AFTER school between Thursday night - Saturday night. Needless to say, I stayed in bed on Sunday. But the week was great, my StuCo kids were awesome, and we had a T.O.N. of fun.
3. We just mostly finished decorating our baby room the other night - I'm pretty excited about it. I'm going to gather the best pictures that document each stage of the process (from scraping the popcorn off the ceiling to hanging the final piece on the wall) and show you in a post soon. Until then, while you wait, I'll just say this - browns, greens, monkeys... C.U.T.E.
4. I had two baby showers back-to-back the weekend before last. Both were very lovely, and Husband, Baby C, and I were completely blessed. I've spread out some of my favorite pictures from both throughout this post.
5. I am ridiculously excited for tomorrow. I'm planning on spending some time with my sister as I drag her (I mean, as she comes with me) to get a haircut - I desperately need one as my hair looks good about 1% of the time - and to a few more to get a few more things with the generous gift cards we received. I think this will be my last "big" shopping trip before Baby C comes. Anything else will be things I didn't know I needed or incidentals. I'm also planning on cooking a few things to put in the freezer to make life a little easier (plus, I'm sick of take-out). And, if all that goes well, I'm going to clean the bathroom. It's just plain gross.
6. I may or may not be planning Words with Friends with several people, but, due to the fact that I don't have time to really think about the words I'm playing, losing horribly. I'm also playing Scramble, but only with random opponents, because I'm so bad at it, I don't want my friends to know.
7. I love my state. It was warm and sunny for the first few days this week (although I didn't get to really enjoy that as I was inside all day), then cold and windy (and I mean cold) the last two days, and today is back to sunny and the weekend is supposed to be lovely. I never want to live somewhere where it's always one way or another. This way you get a little bit of everything whenever you might need it.
8. I'm still obsessed with how freaking cute my dog is. Seriously, I love her probably a little two much. We're totally spoiling her right now since we think her little world is going to be rocked in the near future.
9. I've got some thoughts rolling around in here about some big God stuff, and the things I've been learning, continuing to learn, being beat over the head with, etc. That's a whole different post worth of things, but the bottom line is, it's pretty amazing seeking relationship and knowing it's a mutual, real, tangible, life-changing thing, not just some mystical band-aid. More on my heart soon, I hope.
My hope is to be able to blog a little more consistently - it's good for me, as long as I keep myself out of the land of "no one likes me/follows me/comments on my posts" - but since I'm taking each day a a day at a time these days, we'll see.
For now, Happy Friday!