Excited to link up and share my Midweek Confessions! I have given absolutely NO thought to what I'm about to write, but I was thinking about blogging today and decided this is the perfect "not too much thinking required since I'm on a break" post.
Here we go!
1. I really, really, really enjoy not being on the computer. At school I check my email about a million times a day and, because I teach online, I'm on a lot at home, too. I've been avoiding grading the last few things (including their final) for the online class, mostly because I haven't wanted to be bothered to log on. In the last few days, I've been on Facebook for about 10 minutes, I've read maybe three blog posts, and I've responded to two emails. That's it. And I love it.
2. I don't think I'm a very good "pregnant person." I am just not mushy. And I just discovered that, at 25 weeks, I've gained nearly 20 pounds. If I'm "supposed" to gain a pound a week or more for the rest of the time, I'm going to have gained 35 + pounds. I realize that "that's okay," and that "all women are different," but for me, the thought of gaining 35+ pounds, even if it's "baby weight," is horrifying. I mean, absolutely horrifying. I've begun to notice my face getting rounder (which happened the last time I gained a lot of weight, although that time I had no "guilt free" excuse), and I don't like it. It would help if I ate better and walked more often.
3. I don't eat well enough sometimes. Since I haven't "had time" to grocery shop this week, I just finished a bag of Cheetos as my lunch. Refer to #2. I feel kind of gross, but I know if there were any more left, I'd be eating them. I also need to drink way more water and less other stuff.
4. I might not be mushy, but I LOVE feeling the Peanut move. I could probably sit here for hours and just feel my tummy and see if I can get him to wiggle or kick, even if it meant completely ignoring all the responsibilities I have.
5. My house is already a mess. It was clean for Thanksgiving, and I had good intentions of keeping it that way. Christmas presents exploded in the living room, and the bedroom is full of Space Bags full of clothes for "after baby" that have yet to be vaccuumed shut and put away and bags of "won't probably ever fit in this so here you go Goodwill" clothes. They've been on the floor for two weeks.
6. I'm addicted to Hallmark Christmas movies. I could watch them all day (I've watched at least 4 in the last two days) and my DVR is full because of them.
7. I really, really, really want a White Christmas. It snowed on Monday while I was Christmas shopping (which I started on Monday, another confession, and mostly have finished now), and really felt like Christmas. Because it's been cold, some of the snow is still on the ground, but I want fresh snow for Sunday. I'm like a five year old, and I could never live somewhere where the possibility of a white Christmas didn't exist. I always want Christmas to be just like I want it to be, but I'm learning to be less selfish about it. But a fresh layer of snow would be just lovely.
8. I bet I could write about a million more of these "confessions." I'll have to join in again next week to "come clean." As a last, silly one, I'm always jealous of Elizabeth (with whose blog I'm linking), because I think we seem like we could be pretty similar and maybe could be IRL friends if we actually knew each other, but her blog is way better and her posts more fun than mine. :)
Stay tuned for more Midweek Confessions in the future, as well as (hopefully) some fun pictures over the next few days!